first time balancing.

<<<<<< Smartest move I ever made for my pool. TF100 a close second.... Just saying..

UnderWaterVanya said:
TC can't be lower than FC ever..

heyyyy I completely missed that! thanks!! I'll check my testing results again...

frogabog said:
You will lose 40-50% of your chlorine to the sun and bathers any given day.

I lose ~20% on no bather cloudy days. No bather sunny days, it's still around 3ppm which would be ~40%.

Thanks!! That was a number/scenario I was searching for.....

<<<<<< Smartest move I ever made for my pool. TF100 a close second.... Just saying..

RobbieH said:
Do you know what your CH (Calcium Hardness) numbers are?

nope. But I've been adding Cal-Hypo, so this test was in my near future, I'll start adding these results tonight..

BTW... I've never seen a liner bleached like yours. That's insane! It's completely white, but I can see the top where it WAS fake tiled.

I'd keep an eye on that liner, and water loss just in case they bleached the sucker with powder and it sat undissolved for a while. Check around the edges of the pool for moisture when no one is splashing, if you see it there's a pin hole leak somewhere near.

<<<<<< Smartest move I ever made for my pool/spa. TF100 a close second.... Just saying..

Just came back from a 7 day vacation. I had a friend come by every other night/evening and dump a 96oz bottle of bleach in the pool. She let the pump run for 20 min. I had the solar cover on it too. :-D

The pool is *awesome*. Tested it, and the pH was 7.2, the FC was a 7, and the CYA was at 30ppm.
Water is Crystal Clear. Ran the Krawly for an hour, did about ten minutes of netting, and wah la!!

BOOYA baby!! BBB works for me!! :whoot:

<<<<<< Smartest move I ever made for my pool/spa. TF100 a close second.... Just saying..

frogabog said:
BTW... I've never seen a liner bleached like yours. That's insane! It's completely white, but I can see the top where it WAS fake tiled.

I'd keep an eye on that liner, and water loss just in case they bleached the sucker with powder and it sat undissolved for a while. Check around the edges of the pool for moisture when no one is splashing, if you see it there's a pin hole leak somewhere near.

Yep, there's pinholes. Not enough water loss to worry about though. This is my first run at owning/maintaining a pool. I went cheap ($80). Hopefully, since this one is staying so clean, the wife will let me upgrade next year. I *really* want one of those big rectangular Intex, the ones the dogs dive into. :party:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.