first time balancing.

<<<<<< Smartest move I ever made for my pool. TF100 a close second.... Just saying..

and hey, I should *not* put the solar cover on it, right?
One thought says 'protect the chlorine'
The next thought is 'algae love heat'

solar cover on, or off??

<<<<<< Smartest move I ever made for my pool. TF100 a close second.... Just saying..

hmmmmmm.... I think I found the reason behind the pH being so jacked up........ just saying...

Attachments

• DSC_8927 - Copy.JPG
    DSC_8927 - Copy.JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 43

I dunno.... does it look clearer to you??
And hey, my FC didn't move much at all, even in the sun. I reckon the CYA is working??

Attachments

• DSC_9007 - Copy.JPG
    DSC_9007 - Copy.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 33

12pm test results:
FC 16
pH 7.2

*no brushing*

that's right. It's *holding*.... despite the sun... is this good or bad??
It'll be 12 hours before I test again. Leave it at FC16, or bump it up to make it through?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Flawed said:
It'll be 12 hours before I test again. Leave it at FC16, or bump it up to make it through?
If it was me, and if your pool get's a lot of sun, then I would bump it a couple (maybe to 18 ppm)to be above 12 ppm (hopefully) when you come back in 12 hours. That is assuming you have no swimmers chomping' at the bit to swim.

linen said:
I would bump it a couple (maybe to 18 ppm)to be above 12 ppm (hopefully) when you come back in 12 hours.

I'll add 22oz bleach at 3pm.
thanks for the advice.... wasn't sure....

Man, I hope it holds tonight. I'm ready to start timing/scheduling the pump, doing the 'maintenance', and swimming!!

12Am test results:
FC 10.5
pH 7.2

*no brushing*

IT RAINED.

added 8oz of Cal-Hypo 48%

I mean, wtf?? Is this normal?? My FC's are all over the place. The pool is as clear and clean and sparkly as all get out. Am I doing it wrong or something?? Maybe hand spinning the cylinder is that bad?? New sand have anything to do with it?? I've checked and re checked the instructions, checked the right equipment, right reagents. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around whats going on in my pool. How can a pool be so perfect and lose 6ppm chlorine??

<<<<<< Smartest move I ever made for my pool/spa. TF100 a close second.... Just saying..

frogabog said:
What's the CC? And sun... any sun... will wipe your chlorine by roughly 40-50% any given day.

My CC's have been -zero- so far.

I've only been testing pH and FC, trying to get ahead. I'll add CC and SE to my testing/charts. SE= Sun Exposure, I have to get on this. Does the sun degrade the FC by 40-50% even with the CYA??

at times, the FC's drop a lot even at night. I don't get it......

1130Am test results:
FC 13.5
CC 0

its cloudy and overcast outside

adding 4oz Cal-Hypo

Flawed said:
...ran the first tests.
FC 11
pH 8.2
TA 120
CYA 0
TC 5

Flawed said:
My CC's have been -zero- so far.

I don't understand these early posted numbers. TC can't be lower than FC ever. If they were reversed then you had 6ppm of CC's on the first day of measuring but if not I'm lost about what these mean.

As for CC's - I've been told that you can have zero CC's register and still have stuff that's eating the chlorine - really the reverse - the chlorine is eating stuff and getting used up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.