Comment from someone who "runs a pool store" - thoughts?

Now that's just funny!

I meant a link to where the posts originated. I'd love to read the jumble garbage that's being spit out.

AaronGo said:
I am posting this because it's more humorous than anything :lol:

No your [TF-100] test kit cannot come REMOTELY close to my test station which probably has a total cost of $2,000+

In a way..true. But I feel my TF100 is ultimately what I need to test my pool,..and less expensive.. and gives accurate results that I can believe, ...and keeps me from spending hundreds of dollars in your store on products that I do not need,..so, my TF100 is not REMOTELY close, but FAR EXCEEDS in value your $2000 testing station for my purposes.

It doesn't shock me. Almost all he says is partial truth. The BBB does add salt, and you COULD run into issues. You won't however if you add any fresh water....ever.

Cya isn't a problem if you use non-Cya based chlorine such as cal-hypo. Calcium becomes an issue then...and to reduce the levels you must drain.

Bleach does have very little chlorine....but it's the cheapest too. 10% does drop some in strength, As does most liquids. So use fresh liquid chlorine. :)

Most pool stores are simply un-trained. Even those in business for 100 years. :) They spit out the same info the HTC or Baquacil rep told them during their last sales visit. The others are just stupid.

Leebo said:
Now that's just funny!

I meant a link to where the posts originated. I'd love to read the jumble garbage that's being spit out.

The funny thing is that it was not even a thread about pool care, it was a guy showing the work he did bringing an old crusty pool back from the dead. I just happened to mention the BBB method to share with others and this pool store guy chimed in with a few comments that I posted here. So there isn't much else to see, aside from a few others saying TFP.com is a great site and not to discount the BBB method. I shared the "juiciest" bits ;)

I went looking for the EPA master label but could not find it.

My point is Clorox has listed pool disinfection as one of the permitted uses of Clorox bleach and they provide guidelines when using the product with a stabilizer... like CYA.
Hey techguy, you can usually find EPA master labels here if you're interested...

http://iaspub.epa.gov/apex/pesticides/f ... 810201:::::

I pulled these images from the EPA document Clorox filed for Bleach. It is the master document for most forms of bleach that Clorox sells. I am going to post if so people can see that when we pour bleach in the pool we are doing something that is within the defined use for that product.

This is the first section of the filing as it relates to swimming pools, page 17

Clorox+5813-1+Pool+EPA+cert.jpg

Page 18, the second half for pools

Clorox+5813-1-p18+Pool+EPA+cert.jpg

This is also on page 18 and it relates to wading pools and might be applicable to Intex-type pools as they are typically considered a temporary or wading pool.

Clorox+5813-1+Wading+Pool+EPA+cert.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
AaronGo said:
I am posting this because it's more humorous than anything :lol:

but I wouldn't want the neighborhood kids coming over and their parents find out you treat the pool with Clorox and Arm and Hammer. People don't even ask for the industrial bags of bi-carb. We have it, you just have to ask. And yes, spending money on liquid chlorine is still stupid. You want to save money but in reality your chlorine per dollar is much higher with tabs/granular chlorine.

Not to mention I am extremely pro local business. I like spending money at local businesses (like pool dealers) as it promotes a healthy local economy meaning average Joe's have access to more jobs and a higher quality of life.

If that is the case, why does the large bag of Arm & Hammer have a large swimming pool on it? And if you would not want your kids swimming in Arm & Hammer, why do you sell it then? AND, if you have it and people have to ask for, why are you hiding "the cheaper" stuff!!!!

I am helping the economy buy buying Bleach, Baking soda, Borax & muratic acid,

This is my first full year of TOTAL BBB and this is the best my pool has ever looked. I have only shocked once when I opened and have never seen green since. I had nothing but problems trying to keep a 1-3ppm Chlorine with a CYA of 100+. Now that I have found this site, the pool store hates it when they see me talking to someone out in the parking lot.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.