West Monroe, Louisiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
I have spent a lot of time researching online vs offline chlorinators, but I still can't decide on which way to go. The offline direction seems the least involved, but I also don't have a problem re-plumbing my return line if there is that much of a difference (not a big project for me). I'm looking for clear advantages/disadvantages going in either direction.

I understand the CYA issues with 3" pucks, but I don't have a problem with replacing water from time to time. I have a water well designated for the pool and watering the yard.

I work offshore (2 wks on/2 wks off) and my wife teaches, so anything I can do to make pool maintenace while I'm at work I'm all for it. We've been putting the pucks in the skimmers, but if I can use a chlorinator...that's a no-brainer. Anything I can do to help the wife out while I'm at work...

Any and all comments/suggestions welcomed...

Just Be aware that your CYA rises more rapidly than most people expect. You could easily see 2ppm per day with high normal FC usage. With a long swim season, you could easily get to 200ppm in one season starting from zero.

The Pentair Rainbow 320 seems to be the least troublesome. About a 10 minute installation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.