New Liner Advice

Undrwtr1

LifeTime Supporter
May 16, 2011
My liner is on its 13th season and is ready for replacement. It is not leaking, but is VERY discolored and appears beginning to shrink up a bit and has popped the bead a bit more than previously. I just had to pay to have a bead put in the track because I gave up after several hours of effort with hot water, etc. :grrrr: I have the original dimensions and schematics from when the pool was built, and I was looking for advice on a replacement liner. The original liner was produced by Vyn-All.

Here are my questions:
- Can I do this myself or is it really not worth it?
- What gauge vinyl should I get for the floors/walls to ensure longevity?
- Should I ask for liner-lock around the entire perimeter?
- Would I be better off going with a solid color because all designs seem to fade anyway?
- Any recommended manufacturers? Manufacturers to avoid?

Pool is foam covered concrete walls, concrete steps, lazy-L shape with radius corners and some sort of sand/concrete mix troweled all over the rest of the floor.

Any input is MUCH appreciated. Thanks! :goodjob:

Gerry

Can I do this myself or is it really not worth it?
- What gauge vinyl should I get for the floors/walls to ensure longevity?
- Should I ask for liner-lock around the entire perimeter?
- Would I be better off going with a solid color because all designs seem to fade anyway?
- Any recommended manufacturers? Manufacturers to avoid?

1. 3-4 guys and it can be DIY....it's easier on a smaller pool and darn hard on a really big pool....yours is in between

2. Guage seems to have little to do with longevity...rather good imprinting and good installation techniques.

3. I don't know what liner-lock is

4. I think it is the quality of the imprint and the inks used rather than any particular design

5. Sorry, I am unable to help with manufacturers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.