Just bought a filter and pump used. Um, help!

Jun 20, 2010
Binghamton NY
Out neighbor put a working Hayward 1/2 HP pump and 200# sand filter on Craigslist. He ended up giving us a 3/4 one that siezed up as well. We have an Intex 15' pool with it's poor cartridge. I know we will need to tinker with hose fittings, but what other common pitfalls should we avoid? To show how green I am at this, the size of the sand filter totally floored me.

I finally have pictures. This is the filter, the label is pretty worn. The most recognizable bit is "Rutgers St Belleville, NJ 07109". The pump is a Hayward.

Attachments

• test 004.JPG
    test 004.JPG
    291.2 KB · Views: 76
  • test 005.JPG
    test 005.JPG
    274.2 KB · Views: 76
  • test 007.JPG
    test 007.JPG
    241.5 KB · Views: 76
Me again. I left this up to my husband, and he choose to ignore it until after the pool season. Now we are looking to start up the pool, and are still staring at the same parts. Should I just try and dump this and buy a little intex sand filter? It really seems like overkill to have a 200lb sad filter for a 15' pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.