Need help with my cloudy pool.

Jul 7, 2012
We got a late start opening our pool this year and with an overly warm spring it looked like a swamp when we opened it. After constantly brushing, vacumming, and shocking it is now blue but so cloudy I can't see the bottom. I am getting so frustrated, it's been so hot here and my kids can't even swim in it. I have spent so much money at the pool store on chemicals this year already and I feel like I have been basically flushing them down the toilet!

I have no idea if there is anything at the bottom of the pool since I can't see it so I don't know how well I have been vacuuming it either.

I would appreciate any help or tips to try to correct my problem.

My test results are as follows:

FC - 8.8
CC - 0.23
pH - 7.6
TA - 131
CH - 218
CYA - 28

Rome, NY
19,000 gal, above ground, 2 speed cartridge filter

Welcome to the forum. :lol: How are you currently chlorinating the pool?

There will be no "magic bullet" to clean your pool overnight but , if you are willing to learn and start doing your own testing, we can help you get your pool crystal clear and it will stay that way for Summers to come.

Do you have an autovac or are you simple manually vacuuming? Do you have a leaf net? Have you used it to see if you have any junk on the bottom? Can you post a pic of your pool?

Those numbers look reasonable. Head over to pool school and read up on shocking and the OCL test. Dragging the leaf rake over the bottom is a good idea. You might also try connecting some clear tubing to your vac hose so you can see if you are getting anything.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.