Glitch in the Pool Calculator!

Thanks, harleysilo...

That second one looks pretty detailed...but still isn't clear on the connection. I'm guessing I have a pretty non-standard setup, judging by his last statement regarding " Simply removing the return eye, flange and male thread piece is all that is needed." as that doesn't match up with my return in the least.

I've already been hunting for adapters, and can't find anything...so it looks like I'm stuck either adding an extra pump, or completely redoing the return in my wall.

My original return was different than my current return. I bought my current return as an assembly. My new one is a Hayward return and it was about $10 complete... not much more than the gaskets I was going to buy. It has the threads inside the poo. My old return did not have threads inside but it had a two piece eyeball and trim ring.

See this link for a discussion of how to do it with a full pool. LINK

Thanks for all the help, gang.

As it happens, after I had the parts guy at the LPS show me a return unmounted, I realized mine did indeed have the fittings as described in other posts...so, a 1.5" male adapter and a few T's and such later, I've got a combination return jet/fountain thingy curing in the shop.

Hopefully, it'll be ready to install later this afternoon. I'll provide pics and report and such in another thread if things work out well. :)

maryj0w said:
Link to this homemade PVC fountain? I will google, and am considering this "fountain" idea. But it is abnormally HOT here, as we are breaking records. I really don't want to spend a lot as this is the first year I have had a problem.
Since you have solar panels, run them at night to cool the pool...assuming your night time temp is lower than the pool water.

I have been running my deck jets and it seems to help cool down the pool, with this heat wave we have been having my pool has been 94*+ with the jets off, with the jets on it keeps it about 90-92, you wouldn't think a couple degrees wouldn't matter but if the pool goes above 93 it's just not refreshing in this heat so I have been running the jets whenever the pumps on, only draw back is my ph has been 8.0, not ideal ph but so far no issues.
I also have been leaving the cover off at night and that also seems to help but without the jets going the water temps would just creep back up during the afternoon heat

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.