Help with Installing Pool Safety Line Rope - After the fact

Jun 26, 2012
I endured a lousy home builder and a lousy pool installer, and after 4 - 5 years of learning how stuff works and how it wasn't installed correctly, I have come to yet another "not done right" issue... safety rope

I have a 6 year old who is an avid swimmer and I want to put a safety line across our pool but the builder and pool installer did not build in rings or hooks to attach a pool safety rope to. I have a fiberglass pool with some kind of slate stone type coping, if I am using the terminology correctly. The stone is about 2 inches thick and sits on top of some white plastic type substance that is about 2 inches thick, then the top of the pool.

Does anyone know of a way to retro fit a safety rope, after the fact? :grrrr:

Thanks
Mike

Re: Help with Installing Pool Safety Line Rope - After the f

Welcome to TFP.

It would help if you could post a pic of the pool and places the rope would need to go.

It's not common to put in safety rope anchors, so you really can't blame your PB for that.

Re: Help with Installing Pool Safety Line Rope - After the f

Not a perfect plan, but when we have young swimmers, we run a safety line by tying it to our fence posts, which are 2' away from the pool on one side and 4' on the other. Alternatively, we also had thought of using dog tie out corkscrew stakes, or long tent stakes, in the grass just past the cement border around the pool. Don't know what your pool area looks like, but we're a bit "country hick" about things:)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.