My Dolphin Sumpreme M4 only stays in the deep end

pisstol27

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 25, 2012
Smithtown, NY (Long Island)
I just bought the M4 last weekend and it did a wonderful job of cleaning the deep end, but I realized that it never came to the shallow end. I let it run for hours yesterday and the shallow end was still as dirty as when I left it. I start it in the shallow end, it spends about 10 seconds there then heads straight for the deep end and never comes back. Everytime it started coming back up, it veers off to the side and climbs the wall. I can't imagine why this would be, does anyone else have this issue? I've put the handles at different spots and pushed the turning dics out, basically trying all configurations.

I just bought mine yesterday- and the Supreme M4 is also concentrating on the deep end primarily. It also does not clean the corners of the floor slope well (at all)- and I don't know if this is to be expected?? It cleaned the floor of the deep end well, but certainly not the slopes, nor the shallow end, nor the corners. I am disappointed. I have a 16 x 32 in-ground vinyl-lined pool.

Does the power strip that you plug the dolphin into have a bag fill indicator? Does it blink red then go to steady red shortly after you put it in? Mine did that even though it was clearly not full b/c the pool was fairly clean. I saw some other people post about the dolphin that theirs stayed in the deep end when the bag was full. I called Maytronics and they suggested to put the dolphin in the pool turn it on, wait 30 seconds then hold the reset button down for 30 seconds. I tried that this morning and it seems to have helped as the red light is not on and the dolphin has come back to the shallow end twice in an hour so far. Mine gets the corners of the slope OK, but not so much the corners of the shallow end, though I am not sure I would expect it to since it is kind of big and those are hard to reach. I use the brush to loosen up the first in the corners and either let the filter do it work or have it settle somewhere else and let the dolphin get it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.