Shock process and metal sequestering

leannedarling said:
Your pool and mine could be twins!! I am going thru the same exact issues. Please let me know how the things look once you add the sequestrant. I plan on getting some today!!

Ok, sounds good. Last night I finally passed the overnight test. Measured at 13 FC at night, and 13 FC this morning. I think I will let the chlorine come back to normal levels, and add Jack's Magic Pink Stuff sometime this weekend. Keep me posted on your pool as well.

I have been calling around trying to find Jack's Magic pink stuff. I read online that it works well for iron and can be effective at high chlorine levels. Unfortunately, the retailers near me carry the product line but not the pink stuff. They told me the magenta stuff and purple stuff would do the same things. Any thoughts? Thanks.

leannedarling said:
Your pool and mine could be twins!! I am going thru the same exact issues. Please let me know how the things look once you add the sequestrant. I plan on getting some today!!

Pool is looking much better since sequestrant. It has been about a week since adding 2 quarts of Jack's Magenta Stuff. I was not expecting it to remove the stains from my liner, but it actually has. Not like an AA treatment, but if it continues to remove the stains while I maintain chlorine around 5 I'm happy. Last time I did AA I got a bad algae bloom when chlorine was low. I have also been adding DE to my sand filter, and brushing/backwashing every couple of days. Water is clear, and seems to get better every day. Still a ways to go, but at least we are finally swimming!!!

Attachments

• Pool-18.jpg
    Pool-18.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 81
This site has been very helpful. Here are some pictures of my pool's progression since finding TFP!

Attachments

• Pool-21.jpg
    Pool-21.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 88
  • Pool-12.jpg
    Pool-12.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 84
  • Pool-Algae.jpg
    Pool-Algae.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 85
Silvruns, once you finish your slam, feel free to read my thread, titled "help, I have metals". http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/76368-Help!-I-have-metals. I'm still battling the problem. Pool looks great just using AA treatment but as soon as I raise my ph and chlorine it re-stains. I've tried 3 different sequestrants (phosponic acid which is recommended) one clouded the pool which took 3 weeks to clear, the other 2 I've tried seem to help hold the metals except for the steps. They are a nice yellow. Maybe we can help one another out. Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.