Calculating TA/pH/Borate relationship

Im working on a SS that can be used to log your test results, give a recommendation on what to do, and provide a place to log what you actually did, or anything else of note. I intend using it on my phone to save having to run to the pc and using the poolcalculator.

I've got most of it working well at the moment but am struggling with the chemical relationships between test measurements and what needs to be added to make corrections if the tests are out of range.

Is there any equasions that anybody has that I can use for this. I'd rather use a formula than a script so that I can run it on my phone to log results and get recommended changes.

Once I have this done I'll attach the SS to one of the existing threads with other peoples ones. There will be one issue for a lot of you tho, it's in metric, but should not take too much to convert tho.

Longer term I plan on creating a process to import the results into a mysql datbase on my home linux server so that I can run queries over it at a later date, and one further day auto log info as I can. But thats a long way down the track at the mo.

At the end of the post on pH Buffer Capacity, I give a formula (and link to another web page with more details) that can be used to calculate the amount of acid or base to move the pH a specific amount, but the inverse formula requires iteration (i.e. calculating the effect on pH from the addition of an acid or base). It's still a PITA no matter how you look at it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.