Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Scamper Ramp - question for Paul

1. Back To Top    #1

Scamper Ramp - question for Paul

On the PetSmart site for the Scamper Ramp it says under Product Features, "Not recommended for soft-sided-vinyl, above-ground, non-permanent structures."

I'm wondering if we could have your input as to the reasons why. Our AGP is surrounded by a wooden deck which is level with the coping. We would be able to fasten the ramp to the deck. Is there perhaps a concern that the ramp bumping into the side of the pool could damage the metal pool wall and/or the liner?

Does anyone here with an AGP use the Scamper Ramp?

Am I perhaps misunderstanding what they're saying with "soft-sided-vinyl, above ground, non-permanent . . ." Maybe they mean an Intex pool?

AnnaK
    — AnnaK —

12,000 gal AGP, Hayward sand filter, Pentair 2-speed pump, timer.
    Please visit our Pool Issues pages for information about step weights, managing the solar cover, and PoolSkim.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Skamper Ramp - question for Paul

Got the answer I needed from the FAQ at the Skamper-Ramp site. The Super Skamper-Ramp is suitable for metal AGPs and will not damage the liner.

AnnaK
    — AnnaK —

Please visit our Pool Issues pages for information about step weights, managing the solar cover, and PoolSkim.

3. Back To Top    #3
    I was looking at the Skamper-Ramp recently but noticed that it got fairly negative reviews at Amazon. Does anyone have any experience with it?
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4
    well i have never sold one but i have seen them at the pool and spa shows
    i think they are a little i guess kind of light weight i know that my dog would never use it because it just moves to much. she loves to go up and down the step unit
    but if some one else has used one i would love to know there experience with it
    if the people say they like it i will get some and put them up on the site
    thanks
    paul

5. Back To Top    #5
    Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply. I've ordered the new model for 2008, the SRK3 Super Skamper-Ramp which was designed for large dogs and vinyl lined pools. I'll report back when we've gained some experience with it.

AnnaK
    — AnnaK —

6. Back To Top    #6

7. Back To Top    #7
    Me too. I have three small dogs and I have been considering getting one. Keep us postede!