sr2000na replaced wire harness but ... now no power :(

Jun 3, 2012
Hi

we recently bought a house with an in ground pool and a Sta-Rite sr2000na heater. This spring it did not work - error code E01. a friend and i opened it out, cleaned out the mouse house and found & spliced back together a broken wire to the thermistor and presto - the heater worked. We noticed a lot of nearly chewed through wires so my husband and I ordered a new wire harness and spent the afternoon replacing it and the transformer that came with as pentair had changed the wiring from a 5 wire plug to a set of 3 wire and a 2 wire plug.

Sadly, the control board does not even light up and of course the heater does not work. (we did reset the breaker)

any tips/advice on how to start trouble shooting ? I know this is a long shot but a new heater is $$$ as may be the bill to pay someone to troubleshoot it ...:)

thanks

If you have the old wiring harness you can use it to see if all the connections on the new one are going to the same place as the old one. I would suspect, with the wiring change you mentioned, that they may have changed the connection sequence on the terminals. You mentiond that this is a transformer powered setup. Is the power flowing thru all of the switches? A multitester or an automotive test light will be needed to determine this

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.