Toronto, ON
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
One frustration for our pool system is that the pump is somehwat noisy. Therefore we often shut it off when we are outside on our pool patio - which is almost all summer as we have a TV, etc in our pool area.

Are there any ratings that give the noise levels for various types of pumps? I know that this can depend on a bunch of things but I have had a box constructed with a lead lining that somewhat helps control the noise but perhaps the best way to fix the problem is to get a new, very quiet pump.

There is a website called silentpcreview that has reviews of all sorts of PC components that tests the noise ratings of various options - I guess what I am look for is a silentpoolpumpreview!

Any variable speed pump on a reasonably low speed or two speed pump on low speed will be far quieter than any single speed pump.

Comparing pumps of the same size, the actual amount of noise depends on a large number of factors, only a few of which are determined by the pump. So noise ratings for different models isn't very useful. The largest single factor is the size of the pump, with larger pumps making more noise. But there are a number of other factors that are difficult to predict (or even measure).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.