Katkami's AG Pool Build - Now with Time Lapse Video :D

Pool looks great! We thought about putting up aftermarket PVC railing on our AGP, but decided against it because we thought it would make it difficult to put on and remove the solar cover, as well as the winter cover. Did you use a composite decking material on the deck?

Our local codes folks wouldn't let me install the electrical feed for my pump - said I had to have a licensed electrician do it. :evil: :evil: :evil: One of the many reasons I wish I still lived in the country, instead of in a city. The electrician charged me $675 to install a GFCI breaker, and run about 40 feet of NM and another 10 - 12 feet of underground rated wire, dig a trench, and install a gang box. Took them all of 30 minutes. GRRR!!!!!

Hi Mike,

Thanks! Our pool is 21', but the deck is only 12' long. I've got an 8mil solar cover, and by myself, I'm able to roll it up and slide it onto the deck - it will fit in front of the bar. To get it on w/o being in the pool, I slide my arm between the pool & the fencing.

I'm not looking forward to the winter cover! Hopefully we won't have a problem with it.

Yeah - our deck is Trex (I believe) - composite wood.

We paid a lot more then $630 for our electrical - but needed some room in our panel, a box with expansion outside by the shed. Lol $630 for 30 minutes worth of work - I'm in the wrong business! Our electrical took a full 2 days worth of work on the electrician's part and we're the ones that dug the trench.

We've been working our tail feathers off! We finished the lighting around the pool, the drainage pipe & crushed stone around the pool, and planted some flowers. Looking forward to seeing the grass start growing, but thought I'd post some progress pics for ya'll...

DSC00530.jpg

DSC00424.jpg

DSC00531.jpg

DSC00486.jpg

DSC00529.jpg

DSC00526.jpg

Your pool looks great!

The bird is too cool! The dog and cat are just kickin back!

Enjoy your pool!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.