Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Carboy Chlorine in Austin, TX area?

1. Back To Top    #1

Carboy Chlorine in Austin, TX area?

I have done a thorough, though not exhaustive, search of the Austin area for chlorine carboys in the Austin Area. All to no avail. Does anyone here know of a source in Central Texas?
    35k gal in-ground with spill over spa. 2hp shared pump. Polaris w/ booster. DE filter.

2. Back To Top    #2
    First off, welcome to TFP.

Is this pool related, or are you running a home brewery??? I would imaging you should be able to locate something online and have it shipped in if all else fails. Good luck.
    MIKE

21K Inground Custom w/ Spa (Gunite/Plaster), SWCG, Hayward Northstar, Polaris 280, Hayward Color Logics, Jandy PS-8

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks. I actually want to use it for pool sanitation purposes. I have a 35K gallon chlorine pool in a house I bought in June 2006. After draining half the pool in May 2007, I have CYA readings in the 120 range. Rather than continue my headaches w/ pucks, I switched to the bleach approach with outstanding success, so far. Given that I can get 6% bleach at Costco and/or Sam's for $1.54 per gallon ($2.19 for 1.42 gal), I was hoping to reduce my costs and simplify my storage problems.

Not home-brewing
    35k gal in-ground with spill over spa. 2hp shared pump. Polaris w/ booster. DE filter.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Have you checked any of the brew supply houses in the area. They might be able to help your needs as well. Just a suggestion.

edit - just saw your AVATAR. If you can, please resize (80 x 80). thanks in advance.
    MIKE

21K Inground Custom w/ Spa (Gunite/Plaster), SWCG, Hayward Northstar, Polaris 280, Hayward Color Logics, Jandy PS-8

5. Back To Top    #5

So sorry about the avatar. I use it elsewhere and the message board software automatically resized it for me.

I removed it -- sorry about that!

6. Back To Top    #6
    No big deal. We encourage people to upload an avatar. You are not the first and won't be the last. If you can resize, please reload it.
    MIKE

7. Back To Top    #7
    My brother lives up in Round Rock, I'll ask him to ge on the look out.

On the avatra, up to 80x80 is fine - I think 60x60 is a bit small.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Welcome, BoilerHorn!
    We needed another Central Texan! Glad you're here!
    Debbie

9. Back To Top    #9

Seems to be a popular place for Central Texans to hang out
    15,500 gal, inground gunite pool with 7 ft spa, 2 speed pump 2hp/.33hp, 3/4 hp booster pump, Intermatic P1353 timer, AutoPilot SC-48, Sand filter with ZeoBest, Heater, that I never use . . .

10. Back To Top    #10

I too have been looking and found nothing but 55 gallon drums. I have asked Austin Scientific if they could start stocking the car boys and have not gotten a call back. Now since I see there are a few of us interested, maybe they'll have a little more inclination to get them for us. I'll let them know there are a few of us interested.
    Cliff

16x26 AGP
    Jacuzzi DE Filter
    1HP 2-SP Hayward

11. Back To Top    #11

Carboy volume chlorine in Austin Area...

A friend of mine recently saw a company called CSI delivering chemicals to one of the local Austin City pools. I called them. They are located in Hutto, which can be quite a drive for some in the Ausitn area. They said that they guaranteed 10% and would do a 5gal carboy for $3 per gallon, but that I needed to call ahead. I think I was the first to ever ask...

So far, the best I can find (limited search, I admit) is $6.57 for 3 1.42 gal 6% Clorox at Sam's. So far, I am OK w/ it ...

12. Back To Top    #12

Interesting find, I live ~5 minutes from Hutto, but the price is more than Wal-Mart and I pass Wal-Mart on the way there

I called everywhere last week trying to find a place, but no one can beat the Costco/Sams/Wal-Mart prices.

dave
    15,500 gal, inground gunite pool with 7 ft spa, 2 speed pump 2hp/.33hp, 3/4 hp booster pump, Intermatic P1353 timer, AutoPilot SC-48, Sand filter with ZeoBest, Heater, that I never use . . .