Sun and shocking

Continue shocking or stop and maintain??

I tested last night at 10:30
FC 13
CC 0

I tested this morning at 6:10 am
FC 11.5
CC .5

I'm not sure if I tested early enough this morning for OCLT. Here's what it looked like outside..
DSCN0603.jpg

Here's what the pool looks like...
DSCN0604.jpg

So again, do I continue shocking, or stop and maintain??

I'm definitly getting close.
Here's a pic taken at 11:15 am. The earlier one was taken at 6:30 am.
DSCN0605.jpg

I just tested too..
FC 8 (bumped it back to 11)
CC 0
CYA 20 (still stopping at top of tube) I added a little stabilizer I found in the shed. It was from last year and only filled about 2/3 of a solo cup. I thought I'd use it and see if it made any difference. I put it in a sock Thursday evening. I'm guessing it still isn't showing or it was too old to add anything. I have some trichlor tabs that I could use but I'm holding them for vacations. I guess my next Wally World run I need to pick up some stabilizer.

I ran into a kink in my system... I'm out of testing drops!!! AGHH! I knew I was running low but put off ordering it. Ordered it yesterday and have some on the way (Thanks Duraleigh)! For now I'm trying to keep my chlorine level up by adding 1 quart every 3 hours. That's where I was when I ran out of drops. I'm running low on bleach so I was wondering if I could use my trichlor pucks. Here's my thoughts... I know my CYA is around 20 so that's ok to use pucks with.. it'll help get it up at the same time too. My question comes into play on the amount of FC.. pool calc says 1 puck will raise FC by 5.4. So using 2 pucks would raise it by 11. Is this an immediate raise or a slow raise as it dissolves? I don't want to jump my FC too high. I'm right at the end of shocking.. was just waiting to redo OCLT when I ran out of drops.

Thanks!!
Erin

It will add that much in total not immediately. They dissolve pretty slowly ... if you put them in the skimmer (not really recommended) and leave the pump on 24/7 they will dissolve faster.

Each puck will also add 3.2ppm CYA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.