Ph level opening pool

Jun 29, 2010
Inhave a donut pool. It's 3750 gallons. I just added stabilizer to get my CYA to 40 ppm. My TAia 110. FC 4ppm. I use bleach. PH is 7.2. My question is should I even try to adjust the ph since cyanuric acid lowers PH and mine isn't even fully dissolved yet. Should I wait until water is balanced or go ahead and raise Ph? I want to add 30ppm borates too. So I don't want to do anything to raise my TA if I don't have to. What should i do?

Last year mid season I decided to add 30ppm borates and I really liked it. At that time my TA was almost 200 and it took me forever to lower it before I could add borates. Now my TA is only 110. Would be hard to lower it to 90 and add borates. Should I do it now or wait until the pool stabilizes more. I just filled it yesterday. I just don't want TA creeping up and making more work to add borates.

Apparently my fill water has a TA of 110. I just filled pool yesterday. My ph is low at 7.2 but I just put cyanuric in yesterday (solid put in a sock to dissolve). It's almost fully dissolved. I know it lowers PH. Domi adjust PH now? Can I start adding borates since the PH is already low and TA is borderline? Do I wait a few days before doing anything?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.