Don't have enough suction for skimmer

May 29, 2012
I have a hayward pump and triton sand filter- not that old. I opened the pool to find bubbles on return. sealed up everything I could think of- finally no bubbles- had enough suction to vac through waste, but now I have no pressure.... waste line was working the other day when vac and backwashing, but now does nothing- no water comes out at all.. tried a bladder, you name it and still don't have enough suction for skimmer to keep top clear.. have a huge college graduation party and son Commissioned as 2nd LT- headed off to GA for 8 month and I have tons of people coming for a pool party.. how to I fix this quickly???

I did not try the bladder on the imppeller side.. I was afraid to damage something. I did have a little pressure, but not nearly what I normaly have. Mind you this is an extremely old pool- concrete... I put a brand new system in about 7 years ago and has only given me a little trouble- usually nothing I couldn't handle on my own... I am trying to find a new O-ring-there is a bit if hissing- is that enough to mess with the suction on the skimmer..?

I checked the o-ring.. looks perfect, but I am going to replace it anyway. Haven't replaced the sand in a while would this be a contributing factor??? I just think it's bizzarre that it was working, I was able to get some vacuuming done and then it started to act up... pressure gauge may be fritzed out but it was registering some pressure... now below 5...it's usually around 10-15...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.