Little cloudy...any ideas?

Jun 1, 2010
Bonaire, GA
I have a light cloudiness in the water...yet my readings have been steady for the last five days right at:

FC 9.5
CC .5
PH 7.2
CYA 35

Any ideas?

Thanks ya'll!

Bo

Attachments

• pool-2012-4.jpg
    pool-2012-4.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 69
  • pool-2012-5.jpg
    pool-2012-5.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 69
  • pool-2012-6.jpg
    pool-2012-6.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 69
Have you done an overnight free chlorine loss test?

Likely that you need to shock. Cloudy water often means an early algae outbreak or organics in the water that need to be removed by additional chlorine. See the Pool School for how to shock.

That first pic looks pretty good and your test results look pretty good. Often that last "Pop" pf sparkle can come from really thorough filtration. Is your filter working fine (to your knowledge) and how long each day are you running it?

Thanks both for the reply...i have been filtering for a couple of weeks 24/7...i put in a new cartridge in the filter this year...pool was as bad as it has ever been on opening day...new mesh cover experiment gone wrong...my CCs are probably less than .5...when i add the five 0003 drops you can barely see a hint of pink in the water...barely...and it only takes a small drop of R-871 to turn it back to clear...I'm guessing it's more like .25 if you know what i mean...but i have not done an over night test to be honest...right now i am keeping the FCs at 9.5-10.

Probably just need to let the filter get all the dead stuff out...i'll give it a few more days at 10 FC and see what happens.

Thanks...Bo
Pic of opening day:

Attachments

• Swamp3-2.jpg
    Swamp3-2.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 41
  • Swamp2-2.jpg
    Swamp2-2.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 41
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.