Switch back to trichlor to raise CYA

kizerman

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 19, 2011
Charlotte, NC
JasonLion said:
Yes, for dichlor every 1 ppm of chlorine you add also adds 0.9 ppm of CYA.

After struggling with off-the-charts cya levels and 2 drain and fills I got my cya down to 50 but after a month or so of just bleach for chlorine, my cya level has dropped to 30-35. Would it be wise just to switch back to trichlor and dichlor that I have still to raise the cya back a bit or is that too long a process?

Re: How much CYA in Trichlor 3" puck?

kizerman said:
JasonLion said:
Yes, for dichlor every 1 ppm of chlorine you add also adds 0.9 ppm of CYA.

After struggling with off-the-charts cya levels and 2 drain and fills I got my cya down to 50 but after a month or so of just bleach for chlorine, my cya level has dropped to 30-35. Would it be wise just to switch back to trichlor and dichlor that I have still to raise the cya back a bit or is that too long a process?

Probably should have asked this in your own thread.
Topic split off. JasonLion

There is no real hurry to raise back up from 30 to 50ppm. If you have some tablets/etc left over, there is no harm in using them as long as you now UNDERSTAND the relationship of FC/CYA and the danger of getting CYA too high. Just keep track of exactly how much you use so you know what is happening to your CYA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.