LifeTime Supporter
Jun 1, 2011
Northern Maryland (near Delaware)
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Well after dealing with Mosquito/DragonFly Larvae, I drained the cover and last night at dusk on w whim pulled the cover. Crystal Clear Blue with a little dust on the bottom. I let Rover Loose last night and just watched as he marked his territory (hopefully we know what a Rover is). Anyway I disassembled my filter this morning while rover played with a big smile on my face and put it all back together. After a few reseals I think I am good to go. The water level is up, the pump is pumping, I flushed the sand by taking the multiport off, which was interesting since I found clumps of hair in there and like fur balls. but we are good, Will do my first water test in a few hours, and I guess I will start back on the bleach. I bought 12 big jugs last week, and did not realize I still had 4 from last year. Oh well, now I guess I need to get a reel for that solar cover. I planned on working the pool for a few days, now I guess I have to stain the deck Dang BBB.

For those of you thinking of BBB, I converted at the start of last summer, I did not have any bouts with algae or such at all like the previous puck year. Just saying, I think we are all susceptible to algae but 2 years back I was shocking like crazy trying to close. This year I went BBB, and I am not a hypocrite, I still do have my puck feeder hooked up, that is for when I go on Vacation. I turn it on a week or so before I go to get it running properly then no worries except for the broken hose I had an an alert neighbor whom not only shut my system down but went and got the pvc fitting the cracked.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.