Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital PPC4 (RC-52)
Hi,
I just ordered my test kit (TF100) I know its the best kit out there
but, I wanted to find out if I could still use the kit I just bought (Leslie's kit, yes i know i almost got wrapped up in pool store buys)...I got the kit last September (when we moved here)...should i just throw it out or is there anything good in that kit :lol:

Chris
40yr IG gunite 20 x 40

Hi, Chris,

You may well be able to use some chemistry depending...they make LOTS of test kits. The identifying numbers on the chemistry are the same in my kit as the Taylor kit so if the numbers match up, they are compatible.

I would suggest this.........Test with the new kit for a time or two and record your results. Then, if any of your Taylor chemistry matches up, try using that chemistry next time you test and, if you get the expected results, you're OK.

Taylor recommends replacing the chemistry each year. Many of us here on the forum have found that, with proper storage, the chemistry is good beyond that. How old is your Taylor kit?

PS - Thanks. You're kit will ship this afternoon.

I got it last September 2007...I don't think I even opened it (we had a pool guy taking care of it)...but, its been out in the garage on a shelf.

thanks, I will keep a eye for the new kit.

chris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.