Too much pump??

You could replace the motor with a 2 speed, and just hold the current one in reserve, Certainly - I'd consider the 2 speed when it becomes time to replace the motor / whole pump. Although at that point I'd really consider dropping back to a 3/4 or 1 HP instead of that 1.5 you have now.

Well, my builder and I discussed all the finishing touches yesterday and he went ahead and ordered me a 3/4hp version of my whisperflo and will be over sometime next week to change it out. Said that is what he told his guy to order in the first place. I think I will like the combo of the smaller pump and big SD80 filter. They also came back the other day and changed out my sand---said the guys that installed it didnt put enough sand in it to start so they dumped it and put in 350llbs of new sand which is what it calls for.

That sounds like a nice wrap-up to an issue that could have plagued you for a long time. I haven't looked back through the thread....did PB do it reasonably willingly or was it a struggle?

Very willingly. We were just talking and I showed him how it made the noise and told him the hp of the pump and that I would prefer the smaller pump and he said "thats what should have been ordered" and he called his guy and told him to get the right pump on the way and said they would be over next week to install it. Hes a good guy, I live in a farily small city and reputation matters to him. He is actually just getting into the pool business, commercial and higher end landscaping is his main business actually. They bumped one of my gutter downspouts with a excavator so the gutter people will be over next week to fix that also. I offered to pay him yesterday when they finished up everything else but he said nope pay me after your pump and gutter get fixed but thanks for offering.

The nature of the forum is such that folks who post here do so because they are having issues.

As a result, the percentage of PB's that don't do good work might seem a higher percentage than it really is.

It is refreshing to hear of a PB that does the right thing.

There are a lot of good ones out there and we all need to give them credit when it's due.

My wife and I couldnt be happier with the whole process. Had one hiccup with the decking being poured, the concrete truck driver decided to help the guys doing the work and dumped a wheelbarrow of concrete right up against a stryroform cantilever form bowing it out and separating it from th pool wall.....it was 92 degrees and there was just no way they could stop finishing to try to fix it so they had to put bulkheads in on each end of the damaged form and then jackhammer it out and reform and repour it the next day. After grouting it all in its fine. I was pretty nervous about that but the builder said to let them fix it and if it wasnt right then he would do whatever it took to make it right. He actually brought them back yesterday and had them grout and smooth a couple more places on his own. Turned out fine...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.