Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Popped pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

Popped pool?

I think my new 16 X 32 inground pool popped according to what I've been reading on this site. However, I am not sure because the only indication I have is that the fibreglass panels in the shallow end are warped and the deep end is not level. It looks as though its raised very minimally. There is no water in it as we couldn't finish it before winter here in Ohio. My question is, if it is popped only 2-4 inches can I add water to it to push it back down?
    I really can see the bottom of my pool now!
    13,500 gallons
    AG 24ft Round
    Vinyl
    Sand Filter
    I will be a pro soon :wink:

2. Back To Top    #2
    Welcome to TFP!

You need to do some further investigation before doing anything else. You need to find out if the dirt/sand/gravel/whatever you have behind the panels also shifted of if it is just the panels.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mullenbj, welcome to TFP

Sorry to hear about your pool problem and hope things are worked out to your satisfaction soon. If you have time, keep us posted with your progress. Good luck.
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4
    You might check with whoever did your install as well. If they instructed you to leave it empty until Spring, then maybe they will share some of the responsibility and try to help you correct the problem.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

5. Back To Top    #5

popped pool?

Thanks for the quick responses!
    I haven't backfilled the sides around the pool yet so I have complete access to the panels. The only ones that seem warped are about 6-8 feet from the shallow end where there is a small crack running from one side to the other. Also, I am doing most of the work myself alng with a friend who builds pools for a living, so he suggested not filling the pool since we didn't have it sealed or painted because the cold weather came and the temperature has to be just right to use the paint. Unfortunately, I agreed and it looks like it may have been the wrong decision. I still think filling it up till it settles back down will work but I'm no expert. Any previous experience where this worked or didn't work?
    Thank you all for your responses. This is a great website!
    I really can see the bottom of my pool now!
    13,500 gallons
    AG 24ft Round
    Vinyl
    Sand Filter
    I will be a pro soon :wink: