Help figuring out flow for Intelliflo VS

Thanks SO much for all your help! Deeply, deeply appreciated!

I do have another sort of hydraulics technical question though. For my setup, wouldn't it have made more sense for the builder to have used 2" lines instead of 1.5" lines? Or am I just in the weeds?

Yes, in most situations 2" pipes are preferred, and the extra cost is so little that we basically always recommend them. The main exception is when you have many independent runs (3 or more in each direction) between the equipment pad and the pool, then it doesn't matter nearly as much and 1.5" pipes are often fine.

Mark - I hope you're still "watching" this :)

Seems the air in the basket was largely due to an improperly seated o-ring in the suction-side valve. After popping it open and closing it back up, I'm operating with a closed system now like I should be. So, before my numbers with the suction valve in the middle that you did your calculations on were

3110 rpm @ 21 psi and 1621 watts

I took two new readings and this is what I got:
3110 rpm @ 22 psi and 1595 watts
2200 rpm @ 9 psi and 592 watts

Has plugging that leak changed my 'curve' and, if so, can you give me an idea of what the new numbers (and ratio) would be?

And thanks again for all your help!!

Cool - thanks for the quick reply. It's actually noticeably "stronger" at the same RPM and there are no bubbles, so I'll just fudge that in a bit and roll from there. Thanks again!

The numbers I had given you assumed no bubbles in the pump so they were probably higher than what you actually had before but now should be more accurate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.