Perimeter Drains clogged

Apr 20, 2012
Hi,

We just bought a house with an inground 36 X 16 pool. Opened it not too long ago, and while cleaning the patio(which is exposed aggregate) around the pool found that the drains did not drain. Tried a plumbers snake and only got down a couple feet. We have a A LOT of pine needles, bugs and Crud that accumulate in the area. Does anyone know a good way to fix this by yourself, or am I calling a plumber?

Thanks

BL

I suggest getting a drain king, or similar fitting that seals a garden hose to a PVC pipe, putting it in the intake pipe inside the skimmer, and adjusting the valves (or plugging lines) to for the water to only come back through the clogged drain. It doesn't always work, but is certainly worth trying. Often running water the opposite direction like that clears the debris right out.

If you're meaning the deck drains, the snake is probably your best bet. If the outfall end is open you can use the snake inserted into it and see if it'll clear that way. If it's not I'd suggest just staying at it from the grate end. Beyond that, it's probably plumber time. :(

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.