Summer Escapes Pro Series 13"x22" rectangular questions

GreatCanadian said:
I am wondering if you suck any air through the skimmer.
Not really. Water level in my pool is almost all the way up to the top of the skimmer opening. I just left some space so the leaves can get through. I can't imagine how the air can be sucked through the skimmer.
But the output is right under the water level. Also my pump sucked some air when it turn on and the basket in the skimmer blocks the plastic "floating door" in the skimmer. But I removed that basket since we have one in the front of the pump already.

Oh wow. I see it now. That is very close to the top. What I will do in this situation is to somehow plug the hole in the existing skimmer and then make new holes for inlet and outlet.

I have a compacted sand base for the pool. I will be putting patio blocks down to rest the supports on. Do I need to sink these level with the sand? (The blocks are 1.5 inches thick). My initial thought is yes, but on second thought I am wondering if they will sink themselves once the weight is on them. The sand is compacted pretty good (I can walk on it without leaving a footprint). Any thoughts?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.