Edbecky

Apr 30, 2012
Luling, La.
Well here goes.. My name is Eddie and I just gained renewed interest in maintaining my pool since the wife insisted on a replaster for our 31 year old gunite pool. I found this site and I must admit that I have enjoyed my new found interest since reading extensively. We have been in the house for 18 of the 31 years and I have always used the trichlor tabs and shock to maintain (or so I thought) the pool. My water has been clean but the stains and chips on the pool walls finally did me in. Since the new plaster I've tested the water with a DPD test kit and have been right on. TA 100, Ph 7.6, chlorine 3.0. My CYA, tested by the pool store, was 25 but after reading post here I see that it will rise with the continued use of the tabs. I plan on buying bleach as suggested here and using the tablets to maintain CYA when diluted by rain and backwashes. Here’s a pic of the pool now. :-D Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• pool 011.jpg
    pool 011.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 53
Welcome to tfp, Edbecky :wave:

edbecky said:
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
You best tool will be a more complete test kit that has a FAS-DPD FC test, your own cya test, etc. Follow link in my sig on test kits.

Your plan sounds good.

Make sure you read all of poolschool (link on upper right of page) including: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/recommended_levels