Inheirited SWG Pool Cleanup Photojournal

Re: Inheirited SWG Pool Cleanup

Try #2:

7205821970_0584ac8ce5.jpg

The acid was KleanStrip from Home Depot. It was the only brand they had. I do believe it's <25%.

Found in paint section. They have dry acid in their pool section and I put that in also (days earlier), but every time I have checked the PH it has looked like that photo.

Odd. All the HD and Lowes and pool stores here sell the muriatic acid in a box with two 1-gallon jugs (in the pool section at the hardware stores). This is actually one thing I typically buy at the pool store as it seems to have the stonger acid for a good price.

Progress!!!

For any other newbies reading this, DON'T get the one on the left:

7215071002_01a2b5dc0f.jpg

It is weaker and not what you need. The one on the right is the correct answer.

After pouring in the entire jug (and waiting a few hours)... TADA!

7215072004_d732b986db.jpg

I realize it's a bit on the low side now, but it should raise after all the chlorine goes in, yes? Anyways, at least I'm in the ballpark now :)

As soon as I saw that orange color, I got busy adding bleach. This is after the first batch:

7215073130_e6b10bf6e0.jpg

This poor guy didn't make it, I'm afraid:

7215075268_8667c65cb8.jpg

A couple of hours and two more shockings later:

7215076712_ff06ede5ec.jpg

More as it happens...
7215077964_92211597d7.jpg

Familiar site to anyone?

7215079258_9077cb7f1d.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Well yesterday my SWG had two lights on: Check Salt, and Inspect Cell. For now, I'm going to assume that Inspect Cell being on is a side effect since the unit basically turns itself off if the salt is too low. We'll see. I added 120lbs of salt this morning. Seemed to disappear instantly.

Also, I was able to just make out the main drain on the bottom of the deep end (of course) this morning. That's a first!

Melt In The Sun said:
Yeah, the "check cell" light seems to come on anytime anything else could possibly be wrong...low flow, low salt, high salt :roll:

It will also come on every 3 months or so to remind you that you should look at the cell ... even if nothing is wrong.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.