POOL LINER RUINED????

Apr 24, 2012
We purchased a brand new 27'x52 above ground pool to replace our old one.We live in Pa.The weather had been pretty nice and we thought bad weather was gone.Well approx. 3-4 days ago it was sunny and 75 so we decided to install the new pool.We got everything done and put the liner in but by that time it was getting late so we figured we would let the sun stretch the liner the following day because it was suppose to be nice.Well weather changed drastically to cloudy and rain and then snow.Lastnight we got hit with 5-6 inches.I am so worried that my new liner is ruined! I cant add water until i get the liner stretched but no sunshine!Will this ruin my liner? How long can it last without water in it?I heard that they will shrink.Please Help!!!!

If it's a new liner it'll be fine for several (read many) days. Take a shop vac and vacuum the liner to the walls once it warms a bit and that'll help get all the wrinkles out and make setting the liner much easier. That way if something doesn't set just right (i.e. you have a wrinkle) you can release the vacuum and reset and not have to drain any water.

I'd wait till it's a little warmer if it's another day or two. You certainly could try it, but 56º is a little cold. While I know you're anxious to get it done it'd be better to wait a day or two and have it a little warmer.

A couple of weeks shouldn't hurt. I'd be tempted to call the liner mfg and ask about it if it's gonna be many more days.

If it's a beaded liner you should have all the top caps, rails and uprights on it so it shouldn't be bending in the walls.

Well my husband was trying the shop vac before he had everything connected.That was probably why.Well i hope the weather will hurry up and get nice so we can get this done and hopefully the liner will be okay.Thank you so much for all your help! I appreciate it. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.