Pool liner wall and extra depth

Apr 8, 2011
I'm installing a used 16x24 doughboy with 48" walls. I've ordered this liner http://www.familypoolfun.com/shop?categ ... x48-52-25g
Its an overlap for 48-52" walls. I'm recessed about 36" where I've hit some bedrock, so no deep end. But I'm considering digging/ jackhammering the extra 4" starting 2 feet inside the perimeter so I'll have a little extra for a swim channel. I know its not much but its easier now. I know liner wise its not the same as a 52" wall, could this work with this liner or is it too risky??

That should work as long as you make the transitions/slopes gentle and smooth. If the edge of the deeper area is at all steep the liner will wrinkle or over stretch and either not go into place properly or tear.

4 inches is not a lot of stretch, but normally people who are doing dugout deep ends and/or deep middles use expandable liners that are designed to stretch more than standard liners. Keep in mind that having the extra wall height (52") in the liner does not really help you here, since the majority of the stretch will be in the bottom and not the sides of the liner. Sun is your friend in softening the liner so it will conform to your small step.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.