Pentair Intelliflo Pump Priming Alarm

Bama Rambler said:
The one you have marked as "unused solar capped" could be a return pipe but that's the only possibility I see. Did you blow air or water through it to make sure where it went? It could also be that check valve to the right is stuck closed.

You told me it was a solar return pipe and to cut above it so no I didn't blow air through it. When you say it "could be a return pipe but that's the only possibility". Saying "could" and then "it's the only possibility" doesn't sound too sure. If is is a return pipe then it must be for the solar, correct? Or could it be the pool return for the jets? Need to know because the pool guy thought it was a pool return. He says to buy a new 3 way diverter valve, check valve for that solar one and couplings. Before I go buying more stuff, should I just replace that check valve next to the caretaker. Is that designed properly where you have a right turn like that and some amount of water goes through. Seems so unregulated...

Thanks!

When I said it 'could' be a return, I mean that it could be connected to a return underground. However, I don't suspect that it should be.

When I said it's the 'only possibility I see' I meant that I can't see how it could be any of the other capped pipes in the photos.

Since I obviously can't see underground, and I'm not standing there to check things myself, I have to make some assumptions. The way the system was plumbed it made sense that that pipe was the solar return, but lots of things could be done underground that wouldn't make sense. The best thing to do is to take the cap off and blow air or water through the pipes and see where the air or water comes out. I'm giving you the best advice I can, but without me physically being there, you have to take my advice and then check things out to make sure what I think is right, is actually the way it is.

If we lived close enough together I'd be glad to come over and help you figure things out in person, but given the time and distance we'll have to do it this way.

Bama Rambler said:
The one you have marked as "unused solar capped" could be a return pipe but that's the only possibility I see. Did you blow air or water through it to make sure where it went? It could also be that check valve to the right is stuck closed.

Hey, you were right about that check valve to the right being stuck! Got a replacement. Could you tell me if I can leave that screw on insert on the left and just use the parts in the pic for the replacement?Ty

Attachments

• Checkvalve 5-11-12.jpg
    Checkvalve 5-11-12.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 41
Bama Rambler said:
Glad you figured it out.

You can leave it in place and just work from there.

Replaced that check valve but still have no flow from the pool jets. The caretaker and filter gauges run are at 40 lbs. pressure and the pump is screaming along at 1500-1600 rpms. Balloon tested the three other capped and return line. Two went to the solar, one to a vacuum pipe in the middle of the pool but couldn't push enough water through the new checkvalve to come out the jets.

Guess it is a clogged or broken return pipe. Suppose I have to call the professional leak detectors or is there a way to unclog or test it without them? Ty.

Bama Rambler said:
Did it seem like it pressurized the line when you tried the drain king?

Yes. Still have the same issue...pump won't prime and times out. Small leak at caretaker.....nothing coming from jets nor do they pop up. No flow to jets. I see a little bit of water movement when I first start the pump. Ty.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
After everything else it seems that you have a blockage somewhere in the piping. Something is seriously blocked if the drain king pressurizes the piping. Are you sure there's not a winter plug in the system?

You should try and run water or air through each line until you find the one or ones that are blocked and work on clearing it/them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.