Intex Pool Question - Hose Connections to Pool

SteveE

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lafayette, IN
We have a 16' Intex metal frame pool. I think we're getting ready to start season #5. But our pool has the simple rubber holes in the liner for attaching the inlet / outlet hoses to the pump.

Has anyone added the threaded connectors from the larger Intex pools? Maybe they cannot be purchased, I'm not sure.

I'm asking because we've had a "big pool" Hayward pump and sand filter for the last 4 seasons that has worked great. But I can only find cheap plastic 1.25" hoses for attaching it to the pool. These cheap hoses are always springing leaks and needing to be replaced. I would like to find some better quality hoses, and after looking at some of the links, maybe an external skimmer as well.

The hoses I have are just attached with a force fit and then clamped in place. The threaded versions, with the on/off valves, looks like a worthwhile upgrade. But I'm not sure how to integrate those with the type of liner holes I have.

Any suggestions on how to modify these inlet/outlet parts of the pool would be appreciated. As well as a source for related hoses to attach to the pump!

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.