newbie with a (possible) stupid question.

E-ROC

Feb 29, 2012
im about to drain and clean my in ground pool (approx 25x13) and was wondering if i could coat the inside with the gray garage floor epoxy stuff. would it hold to the chemicals? just an idea for something different. oh, and i believe it's gunite based (house was built in the mid to late 70's i believe, with the pool).

Welcome to the forum. :lol: The chemistry in your pool water won't be nearly as troublesome as what that paint would run into on your garage floor. That said, I wouldn't use it simply because there may be some unintended consequences no one is aware of.

As MITS says above, even Pool paint is probably good for only a couple of years.....depending almost entirely on surface prep before you paint.

Not only can you clear the water back to it's original, showroom-fresh sparkly glory, but fully draining a pool can have catastrophic consequences if the water table is not completely beneath the lowest level of the pool shell. A pool is just a boat in the ground. If you are not absolutely sure, do not drain it completely.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.