New Tucson pool

Yesterday they finished the concrete work on the water feature and boulders. They used a lot of aluminum foil to create the texture. Today, they painted. At first I wanted more of a gray color to offset all of the natural browns, but I like the way it turned out. They start doing the decking tomorrow.

IMG_3289.jpg

gfxguru said:
Your pool looks fantastic. Having a beautiful desert landscape makes it even better! Love pools in Arizona!

There is nothing better than going for a dip after the sun goes down and it is still 100 degrees out during the summer. A nice pool costs as much as a nice luxury car, and we figured we would get a lot more enjoyment out of a pool. The best part of Arizona pools are the sunsets. I am saving my west facing pictures of the project until it is done, and I have more time to set up to take a proper sunset picture.

They poured the deck today. Last week they installed the three LED lights. The tile goes in tomorrow. I managed to finish cutting down the rest of the California Pepper tree then never belonged there in the first place, and hammered out another row of the slump block, so the fence guy can put the wrought iron fence right on top of the block later this week.

IMG_3299.jpg

The tile went in two days ago. We went with a greenish tile to blend in with the cactus surrounding the pool. I think it turned out nice.

IMG_3307.jpg

They started the cleanup phase today, filling in all of the trenches and cutting down the PVC caps in the pool. The fence started yesterday, and the gates should go up tomorrow before the inspection. The fence guys did a nice job putting it on top of my demolished slump block wall. I have two gates as well, the self latching one into the pool, and a four foot one to get out to the equipment and my workshop. Eventually, I think the plan is to put in some pavers between the deck and fence line, and then continue them into the walled in yard up to the house. I was thinking about using flagstone or travertine, but think pavers will hold up the best to the weather.

IMG_3335.jpg

Regarding the spotlight on the saguaro, great minds think alike. I was planning on installing a few solar spotlights around the pool to highlight a few cactus and trees.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Not much activity this week. The wind is preventing any finish work from being done, though it is nothing like what is going on in the rest of the country. They did put the collars on for the popups at least.

IMG_3395.jpg

IMG_3397.jpg

It looks like the inspector likes the progress on the pool too even if the bonding wire isn't quite right yet :)

:shock: When can we come over?! Should we bring covered dishes? Beer? Towels?!!!

I am R.S.V.P.'ing... others will be doing so shortly! :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.