Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Greetings from Spring, Tx

1. Back To Top    #1

Greetings from Spring, Tx

Hello all,

I would like to introduce myself, my name is Ike Ray (hence the creative user name), and I'm a young 23 years old. Soon to be married, come this May, and a 2 year old already between the 2 of us. We have owned our current home since August 2006, and unfortunately because of all my pool problem woes, we didn't get a chance to use the pool at all last year . I hope, with help from this website, to be able to use it extensively.

I have already been persuaded by multiple uses from another forum, havuz.org, as well as many and many hours of reading on the internet, to switch to the BBB method (that is bleach, borax, and baking soda). I have also decided that this year I was going to try out something new mentioned by another user here (waterbear) to add borates to my pool, as well as add salt to the water to attempt to achieve a more human-chemically balanced pool. I haven't started the process yet, but I will start a thread and keep ya'll updated on how it turns out.

Thank you for this terrific website,

Ike Ray
    30,000gal In-ground Gunite Pool DE filter
    Polaris 380 APC

BBB method all the way - Newb, like to absorb info and chatter, but take the experts' advise

2. Back To Top    #2
    Welcome!
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat