Water is approaching the top

Our pool is brand new and the water is approaching the top. It is over the skimmer inlets already. Is that a problem. If it overflows in our yard that won't be a problem, I just don't want to have an issue with the liner. We aren't having the snow but we had lots of rain today. It seems to be letting up now.

Re: SNOW! And I havent closed yet!

Drain it some. If you let the chemicals get to the grass it will kill it. Best to drain it down some by using waste on your valvle setting depending on what kind of system you have. Either way, find a way to drain it back down. That way you wont have any issues.

Re: SNOW! And I havent closed yet!

Thanks for answering my question. We are still at the "no grass" stage of things. They are laying sod later this week so there isn't anything to kill. I just worried that the water would somehow harm the liner if it went all the way to the top.
Now that the storm has passed we can drain it to waste to bring it down a bit. I don't think we would have been able to do it in the pouring rain and dark.

Thanks again!

reindeerboy said:
Drain it some. If you let the chemicals get to the grass it will kill it. Best to drain it down some by using waste on your valvle setting depending on what kind of system you have. Either way, find a way to drain it back down. That way you wont have any issues.

While pumping out enough water to keep the skimmers working is always a good idea, letting the pool overflow is almost never a problem. The worst that can happen is that there can be some erosion where the water runs out. There is no risk to the liner.

Pool water is not a problem for grass or other common lawn plants except in the most arid climates, and even there it takes a long time and lots of pool water before there could be an issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.