Pool Covers

TK

Feb 5, 2011
Trying to decide between two brands of covers for the winter.

Loop Loc vs. Performance Safety Cover(Pro Tech Mesh)

Got some pricing from two different pool companies and this is the range. These numbers include closing the pool.

Performance Bio Shade Mesh : $3000, 15 yr warranty
Performance Pro Tech Mesh: $3600 (98% shade),15 yr warranty
Loop Loc $3200, 12 yr pro rated warranty

Didn't know if anyone heard of the Performance Brand, I know that most say Loop Loc is the best on the market. Let me know.

Thanks,

TK

The Loop Loc is the better made cover, IMHO. Thicker thread is used to sew it, webbing is doubled all the way across, extra stitching at stress points, and up to 4 free wear pads for inside corners. The Ultra-Loc solid also weighs less and lets NO light in. I also like the hardware they use.

Performance is owned by Lathem. Lathem, a conglomerate, makes a lot of products Their warranty is also pro-rated.

As important as the cover is, the installer's skills can make or break it. Find out how many the installer has installed. I have found that the experienced installer has extra materials for when situations arise, such as an anchor in pipe on hand in case one anchor needs to go in grass due to inadequate decking in a location, or short springs or dive stand kits, etc.... The person doing the AB measuring should also be the person doing the install if there are special obstacles or features such as rock walls, ladder legs close to the pool's edge.... so that what was intended by the tech measuring gets installed as intended.

Scott

PoolGuyNJ said:
The Loop Loc is the better made cover, IMHO. Thicker thread is used to sew it, webbing is doubled all the way across, extra stitching at stress points, and up to 4 free wear pads for inside corners. The Ultra-Loc solid also weighs less and lets NO light in. I also like the hardware they use.

Performance is owned by Lathem. Lathem, a conglomerate, makes a lot of products Their warranty is also pro-rated.

As important as the cover is, the installer's skills can make or break it. Find out how many the installer has installed. I have found that the experienced installer has extra materials for when situations arise, such as an anchor in pipe on hand in case one anchor needs to go in grass due to inadequate decking in a location, or short springs or dive stand kits, etc.... The person doing the AB measuring should also be the person doing the install if there are special obstacles or features such as rock walls, ladder legs close to the pool's edge.... so that what was intended by the tech measuring gets installed as intended.

Scott

Thanks Scott, the Loop Loc cover was priced from the company that actually did my pool, the performance from another pool company that is close to my office. The pool company that did my pool, we did not end up on the best of terms but I feel like the Loop Loc is the way to go I guess. If it is better material that is what I want.

Thanks,

TK

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.