What to do with a decommissioned inflatable ring pool?

Aug 6, 2011
Virginia Beach
Sadly, I think it's that time. The ring no longer holds air for more than a few minutes, the floor is bleached, the ring is brittle and faded, after the last rain it overflowed so the water is low and has a green tint. I gave it a last ditch effort, but the weather is turning cold and given the condition of it, it's time to pull the plug.

I don't know what we'll have next year, but we'll have something put up back there- hopefully bigger & deeper. I was thinking about using this pool as a ground cover of sorts to keep the grass away form the pool's edge. I hate trying to get the weedeater close to the pool. Maybe even pick up another decommissioned inflatable so there's be enough material to go under a larger pool. Taking these pools up leaves decaying grass where the pool was. Since I don't own horses I really don't want that aroma in the yard. I'd just as soon leave it where it is for now, but then the dog and everyone else will be walking & slipping on it if I drain it & leave it out. I'll probably leave it semi-filled for a while, then drain the pump & filter when the weather gets colder.

I guess this turned out tot be more of a vent than a question. I just wasn't ready for summer to end I suppose. Eh- there's always the city rec center pools. Nowhere near the same, but they're open year round. I just need to keep up with their schedules.

I got to wondering the other day if empty gallon bleach jugs would fit inside the ring and keep it afloat? Redneck? Yes. Effective? Who knows?

If not bleach bottles then maybe 2 liter soda bottles. We have a project pool for next year, the old pool will become a firewood stack cover, or maybe a brooder house floor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.