DFWTX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
I'm trying to clean my jandy aquapure cells by myself for the first time. I could easily unscrew the collars on the near side (bottom) of the cells, but on the far side (top), the collars won't budge. In fact, the force is starting to twist the plumbing lines. Should I be using "lefty to loosy" in the opposite way for the top collars? In other words, should I be standing on the opposite side of the equipment to get the "lefty to loosy" for the top collars? Am I making any sense at all? LOL :oops:

stricttime said:
I'm trying to clean my jandy aquapure cells by myself for the first time. I could easily unscrew the collars on the near side (bottom) of the cells, but on the far side (top), the collars won't budge. In fact, the force is starting to twist the plumbing lines. Should I be using "lefty to loosy" in the opposite way for the top collars? In other words, should I be standing on the opposite side of the equipment to get the "lefty to loosy" for the top collars? Am I making any sense at all? LOL :oops:

Not a stupid question at all. I think we've all made this mistake. One time I couldn't get a garden hose off of a water valve and I tried lots of brute force with channel lock pliers, WD-40, hammers, etc. Totally screwed up the garden hose attachment. Then I looked on the web and saw many people had the same problem... One answer someone submitted was "try turning it the other way... seriously."

One easy quarter turn the other way and I was then able to unscrew it off by hand. :hammer:

Lefty-loosy is looking from the direction of whatever you are screwing on. (and not from the valve down to the garden hose in my case...) The only exception I can think of is with things like toilet handles so the action of the handle doesn't unscrew off the handle.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.