Winter / safety pool cover

Jun 28, 2011
I am looking for a pool cover for the winter. It needs to be a safety cover. I am not sure if I want a mesh cover or something like the rope Katch a Kid. With the Katch a Kid, I guess you can buy an additional solid cover to attach over it. The pool store gave me an estimate of around $2300 plus tax for the Katch a Kid. Our pool is kidney shaped - 32 ft long, 15 ft wide at the deep end, and 26 ft wide at the shallow end. Anyone know if these hold up well and are worth the money or if there is a cheaper option? (i.e. cheaper mesh cover or wholesaler I should use) I think this price included installation. I am in Round Rock, TX - just outside of Austin. Thanks.

Don't get the "Katch a Kid". I'm not sure if it is the same brand but one of my customers had one installed on their pool. (For the purpose of child safety). I had to take it off the vacuum (really annoying). I guess they found it annoying too since they only put the cover on twice I believe before it just sat in the garage on it's weird reel (it looks like it was made of pvc pipe).

Anyways, the katch a kid style of nets are in my opinion outdone in every aspect when compared to "baby loc" style safety fences.
The fences are removable
Have self closing and locking gates.
Keep children at a safe distance away from the pool.

The net is not easy to take off an on (so you end up not using it)
The net keeps the child suspended above the water!? (so if the net fails or somehow a head gets between the net you have a dead kid)
oh and it looks dumb lol
P.S. I guess a possible pro to having a net would be if you were worried about your child jumping off a balcony into the pool or using stilts to walk over a safety fence

Anyways. If you want safety I highly recommend the fence vs the baby net 5000

If you want a safety cover, get a loop-loc or comparable. Safety covers are easier to put on then the net. The best brands are loop-loc and meyco. Some no name covers that are dirt cheap are actually much more flimsy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.