Intex Saltwater Chlorine Generator

Aug 10, 2011
I have a Intex Saltwater Chlorine Generator that kept telling me high salt every other day. I checked the salt content and it is a little low but acceptable. So I went ahead and bought a new one. Same thing happened as before, sometimes tells me high salt. My question is does anyone know how it tells if there is high salt? Also would my water being out of balance influence the reading as well? Thank you for the help.

isaac19m said:
I have a Intex Saltwater Chlorine Generator that kept telling me high salt every other day. I checked the salt content and it is a little low but acceptable. So I went ahead and bought a new one. Same thing happened as before, sometimes tells me high salt. My question is does anyone know how it tells if there is high salt? Also would my water being out of balance influence the reading as well? Thank you for the help.

I'm interested to hear what the experts say on this. Mine does the same except one day hi salt, next day low. I have high calcium and think it gets stuck on the cells. Vinegar won't disolve it and I wonder if that's what is causing the false alarms?

I had the same problem with mine. I drained about 300gal off the pool and refilled. It hasn't complained since. My salt test strips show me at just under 2500ppm but the Intex seems to think it's fine. I'm pretty sure the test strips are a bit inaccurate so......

They measure the conductivity of the water, higher salt concentration=higher conductivity. Calcium scaling on the cells can cause a wide range of false readings.

The key is to make the SWG happy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.