CompuPool Replacement Salt Cell

Aug 1, 2011
Hey guys,

I have a Autopilot salt water pool system with a "SuperCell SC-48". I am getting a message saying "Warning - Low Amps, Cell?" and "check cell". I have looked in the cell and see no scales on metal. My chlorine level has dropped recently and it seems to not be producing any chlorine. I am thinking this cell has to be at least 3-5 years old and the pool was not taken care of at all before I purchased the home. Here are my questions:

Should I replace the cell?

Should I replace the power cord while Im at it?

If so, is the CompuPool Replacement Cell comparable to the Autopilot brand? It is much cheaper and would be easier to bite off.

Thanks guys
-Josh

Welcome to TFP!

We have heard a few negatives about the CompuPool replacement cells, specifically the largest one, and a couple of positives. But it is too early to tell if problems are unusual or common.

What are your amps and volts reading when you do a test pool pilot while the cell is on? Also, when you look at the cell plates, do any of the corners look worn away, or are they all the same?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.