New Pool San Antonio, TX - Proposal Review

HouTex, you're exactly right...all of the PBs I checked with had a similar draw schedule... I chose PB#1 today because a) he threw in the Intellibrite LEDs and some extra decking, and b) he said I could pay the draws AFTER each phase is complete. He said we would go over the construction account when we sign the contract.

Thanks for the help and comments everybody. We start in 2 weeks! I'll make a new thread w/ pics.
Dave

And hey just to give you a reference figure... in BR, La... I am self-contracting the gunite for my pool and it is $190 per square yard installed. This is a major nationwide gunite company (in san antonio you might be having another branch of the same company), and my gunite guy said prices vary across the country based on labor, from a high of about 220 a yard up north to an occasional high volume builder negotiating down to $170 or 180 because he commits to X number of pools in a year.

He was very up front about how much he made on my pool, and how much his expenses were. He liked to talk.

I have a 600 sq ft pool thats gonna be about 30 yds of gunite. 6K for gunite. figure another 3 thou for the rough in plumbing, steel, and excavation. His costs in that first week are about 10K. Anything he gets over that is him getting ahead of his work.

I went with the LED lights too. GET AS MUCH DECKING AS YOU CAN! you cant have too much!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.