Life expentancy of plaster

mdhwoods

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 18, 2009
Sarasota Florida
Bought our house in 02 and there was some patching of the plaster done on the steps. Rest of the pool looked solid albeit a bit of discoloration in the plaster on the bottom. Fast forward to today and it seems that i have quite a bit of de-lamination happening just below the water line tile. It started off small and has grown in the deep end to about 6" below the water is an area about 4' long. In other areas it is sporadic and only about 1/2" below the tile and in spots of sever inches long. Behind the plaster is what appears to be more plaster. I know for a fact it is not the gun-nite. Pool was built in 91. What i am wondering is if the plaster was re coated or this is the original finish. What is the life expectancy of plaster? Seeing in 02 the finish looked used and was patched on the steps i suspect it is the original?

Ill put a few pictures up tonight when i get home.

thanks

Mike

Calcium has always been around 350 and ph I maintain to the best of my abilities. Adding acid once a week or so. It likes to rise even with my TA around 80.

so in 02 it was showing a lot of wear on the steps and this is 2011. I would say it is well over 10 and that I just need to suck it up and have it redone. The majority of the de-laminatin has been going on this season. There was a bit last season but not to the levels it is happening now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.