Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's here this season?

1. Back To Top    #1

Who's here this season?

Hey everyone - HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

I'm just wondering who is still visiting during the 'cold' months.

I'm hoping that all members who read this in JAN and FEB will just say 'Hi' here

I know the folks who've been posting, but I would love to hear from those that aren't posting while still checking out TFP

BTW - Waste is here 365 (um... this year it's 366)
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

2. Back To Top    #2
    I'm here and still using my pool with solar panels and solar cover. It has been a warm winter for us down South.
    20x40 24,000 gal IG plaster/CircuPool RJ45 SWG/2 skimmer/2sp 2.5hp Jandy Stealth/340sq ft cart filter/600sqftHeliocol Solar Panels/6ft semi circlr tanning ledge/25ft deep end bench/5ft sheer descent/2 lion head water features/1300sqft travertine paver/2 Colorlogic lights/Hayward Navigator/3step 2ft raised bond beam

3. Back To Top    #3
    Hello Waste; I'm also in Connecticut and as you know its been a mild winter so far (still too cold for my liking). Checking out both TFP and PF daily to pass the time till opening day.

SW Connecticut
    18,000 Gal Freeform
    Gunite/White plaster

4. Back To Top    #4
    HERE!

I'm here just about everyday reading all the posts and chiming in when I feel I can add to a discussion.

My pool is open, but only for its aesthetic beauty at the moment (about 55 degrees F last I checked). But it's crystal clear thanks to everything I've learned here.

Thanks to all for the interesting reading everyone provides! :thumright:
    11,000 gal. gunite w/midnight blue and white pearl PebbleTec
    Intelliflo 4x160 pump
    Intellichlor IC-20 SWG
    Pentair cartridge filter 420 sq. ft.
    Mastertemp 400K BTU heater
    Legend Platinum cleaner
    Pool School
    JasonLion's Pool Calculator
    TF Test Kits

5. Back To Top    #5

Hi all... still reading on a nearly daily basis... Our pool is still open but a chilly 46 degrees. We still use the spa throughout the winter though.
    My Pool:
    12K gal IG gunite with 7' raised spa, gunite waterfall, PebbleTec Caribbean Blue finish, solar heating & in-floor cleaning system

Equipment: Sta-Rite 300' Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC20 SWCG, Sta-Rite 400k BTU heater, Intelliflow 4x160 main pump & Sta-Rite 3/4 hp waterfall pump, EasyTouch controlls w/ wireless controller, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Happy New Year back to everyone as well. I will be a little lighter in the pocket come next month when the gas bill arrives. Had a pool party last weekend. Had the pool @ 85 degrees and the Spa @ 99 Degrees. Someone needs to invent a grill top that fits above the heater vent, yet still allows ample ventilation.
    MIKE

21K Inground Custom w/ Spa (Gunite/Plaster), SWCG, Hayward Northstar, Polaris 280, Hayward Color Logics, Jandy PS-8

7. Back To Top    #7
    I'm here reading almost every day. Although snow has been on the ground for over a month ,I'm planning my solar panel installation. I love this forum!
    21' Leslies Beachland Ag Pool, 10,000 gallons, professionally installed (best money I ever spent) Hayward 16" sand filter w/Pentair two speed pump Fafco 4x20 solar heater,Aqua Trol RJ. Borates added. Hard plumbed.

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry
    Hey, Ted,

This is a great idea!! It would really be fun if all the "lurkers" signed on to this thread just to let folks know they're out there.

Lurkers, I hung out on the old PF for almost 9 months before I made my first post....just reading and learning.......let this thread be an icebreaker for you.....just post the word "Lurking" if you don't have anything to say for now. It would be a lot of fun to get a couple hundred posts on this one thread.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

9. Back To Top    #9

Hi everyone I am still here had so much snow early this year I have to look twice to find the pool. I check in every day to see what the pool family is up to. Oh I never brought this up before there is a ski lodge next door to me and there having a good winter.
    I'm watching
    Ric w.
    Ric W
    My Pool
    8605 gal fiberglass, 3/4 hp pump, sand filter, aquabot cleaner, heat siphon heat pump, tiger river(sumatran) spa

10. Back To Top    #10
    This is my first post of the day and it's already evening. That is practically lurking by my standards.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

11. Back To Top    #11
    I'm here lurking! Just watching and trying to learn something for the day that my slow-as-mollasses PB gets done with my pool!
    10,700 gal IG vinyl
    Pentair Triton II TR50 sand filter
    Pentair Booster Pump
    Letro Platinum pressure side cleaner
    Emerson 1HP pump
    Bioguard Mineral Springs SWG
    2 skimmers

12. Back To Top    #12

I'm here and counting the days until I can jump in again. Water has been in the 37-45 range.
    Gary
    21k gal SW, IG Gunite PebbleSheen, 1HP Jandy, Jandy 340 filter, Polaris 280, 17' fiberglass slide w/ 2HP pump.

13. Back To Top    #13

Hi everyone. New guy here. Reading everyday while slowly getting my parameters corrected w/ my new TF-100 test kit.
    Don
    12,000g gunite w/ 8'x5' spa, 2 waterfalls, mini pebble,3 Whisperflo pumps, Pentair 4060 DE filter, Intellichor IC20 SWG, MPULSE 3000 Water Treatment System,Sta-Rite gas heater, Kreepy Krauly pool sweep, TF-100 Test Kit.

14. Back To Top    #14
    Lurking everyday! Learn everyday! Our pool is open year-round, so I need advise all the time.
    24K gal. 22 X 40' Fox Lagoon IG Vinyl, 7' Fox 25 jet raised Spa, Intelliflow VS-3050 pump, Intellichlor IC-40 SWG, Pentair Easy Touch Controller, Easy Touch Wireless Remote, Pentair Legend cleaner w/ booster pump, Pentair 250,000 BTU heater, Pentair Tagelus Sand Filter, & Pentair Intellibrite LED lighting.

15. Back To Top    #15

I come here a few times a week to feed my obsession. It's my favorite site on the web.
    20K inground gunite w/ Aqua Logic automation and chlorination Sta-Rite 400 K natural gas heater and cartridge filter 2 HP pump 1.5 HP spa bubbler for spillover spa 1 HP dedicated Letro Legend cleaner
    H2O: two parts Heart and one part Obsession. ~Author Unknown

16. Back To Top    #16

I'm here everyday to learn. I have any undersize filter and a power robbing pump that is all going to be changed out this spring. I don't like to type to much so I don't post very often. I'm here to learn. I have my strange ways to put my pool to bed for the winter and open up in the spring. It works for me is all I can say. In Central NY, we must be ready for -25 deg temps and winterize the pool for it. The pool shed is undersize but I'm not going to rebuild it. I'll make due with what I have.

Solor panels is a thought but I'm not sure I will go that way this summer; the back of the pool faces due south. The house is a total electric house so there is no gas, I'd rather not go for oil or propane fired heater.

I'm just reading and learning.
    Hotrod30

20 X 40 foot vinyl Borates and Salt Pool
    Rolachem Chlorine Feeder
    Hayward 27 inch sand filter with 80 lbs of pea gravel
    Jacuzzi Splash Pak SP55 DE filter in parallel
    Pentair VF3050 pump

17. Back To Top    #17
    TFP Guide

In the Industry

I am here, just got back from a Ski Trip to the White Mountains.

Gorgeous area, we are already planning next years xmas trip to this area again.

Unfortunately our pool is now covered by 5 feet of snow, on a positive note, lets see some algae grow now

Rik

18. Back To Top    #18

Im here

It's a beautiful sunny 42 degrees here in Oklahoma. Even though it gets pretty cold here, I do not close my pool. It's just too pretty to look at. Right now my water temp is 39F. I'm getting ready to grab a cold beer and go get the 2 or 3 leaves off the bottom. Check and adjust my Ph. Have a wonderful winter!

Donnie
    8500 Gallon Fiberglass IG / Sta-Rite pump,cartridge filter & heater / PoolPilot Dig 220-36 SWG / Testing w/K2006

19. Back To Top    #19

HMMM... 143 views and only 17 posts c'mon all, just say "hi" or "lurking" -- I have faith you can do this

(maybe I should have made this a poll :P )
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

20. Back To Top    #20

Hello from North Texas. Pool always open and was up to a hearty 48 degrees this afternoon. I stop by here periodically to read and dream about heat pumps and more efficient pumps that will cut my electric bill. Gotta get a new life...
    Sandy

15,600 gallon, screened 15 x 30 sport pool with 6 x 8 baja shelf, IG plaster (Diamondbrite??), Hayward cartridge filter, 1-HP Hayward pump, Hayward/EUS Mark VI heat pump, Polaris 280, AquaRite SWCG

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast