AHHHH, been using BBB for 8 months and now battling a swamp

JCJR

LifeTime Supporter
May 4, 2007
Miami
thank God it is not my pool.

I got a call this weekend from my cousin and his pool guy quit on him and now he has a green swamp. I have been using BBB and have yet to see cloudy water and when I got the call did not know what to expect. I took my test kit, pool brush and empty CL jugs and when I got to his house and saw his pool I freaked. It was like some one punched me in the gut.

Thank God for this site and it's members. I took two samples of pool water to the pool store. In one of the samples I put some CL so that the two samples would not be alike. I was a little surprised from the results

FC 0 and 1.5
PH 8.0 8.0
TA 150 90
CYA 55 60
CH 140 180

The only difference was TA so all in all the pool guy tests were pretty good. I used the bleach calc and brought the CL up to 24ppm and gave my cousin procedures on brushing, cleaning filter, running pump 24 hrs and testing CL. And in 24 hrs his pool is lighter in color this morning. We are on our way to a clean pool.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who posts and is associated with this site.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.