Goldine T-15 cell setting in pro logic pl-4

Jul 3, 2011
I have a new pool and added my salt today so could begin using my Goldline T-15 salt cell. The salt cell is controlled by a Hayward Goldline Pro Logic (PS-4) controller. My salt level is 3000 ppm and i am waiting a day or two to make sure the reading is correct before adding more salt to bring the level to 3200 ppm as suggested by manual.

My question: in the cholorine setting menu on the PS-4 it allows for the cholorine "percentage" in the "pool" and "spa" to be set independently. Can someone explain what is happening with this function does? I have an in floor system that returns my water to the pool and spa (which spills into the pool) as it rotates thru the program so I am in "pool" filter mode most of the time unless we are using the spa.

I have each set to 50% now until I understand what this means. I have searched high and low for recommended starting settings but can find none. I also understand that my salt cell produces cholorine based on how long the pump runs and the flow thru the cell (I have a vsp pump that runs 10 hours at low/med speed except when the solar valve opens and I have to pump water up to the roof). Does anyone know what would be good starting percentages until i can fine tune.

Kevin, that means that the cell is set 50% output. So for every hour the filter runs the cell will run for 30 mins. You need to test your water to see what your FC level and adjust percentage until it can hold the level you want.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.